We’ve all been there. December is filled with the excitement of the holiday season and getting ready to usher in the new year. Then we get into the heart of winter, when day after day is filled with dreary gray skies and frigid temperatures – or in Iowa’s case, an ice storm – and the lack of sun makes it that much harder for your sunny disposition to shine through. But fear not! Here are some tried and true ways to perk you up this winter and battle those winter blues, tailored specifically to the office world.
Switch it up with some swatches
Have you ever heard the saying “You eat with your eyes first?” That may pertain to how chefs plate their food, but the same applies to your surroundings, whether that’s your living room at home or your desk at work. Which sounds more appealing to you: light grey walls, dark grey floors, no decorations, or some dark chocolate woodgrains, wall art with rich pops of color, and a steaming cup of hot cocoa? I personally would be much more motivated to work in an environment that is comforting and incorporates colors and design elements that encourage positive emotions and productivity. Whether it’s a matter of adding pops of color through fabric or changing it up with darker woodgrains, you can very easily make a space feel considerably more comfortable and inviting by taking inspiration from some of HON’s color palettes:
For more office design inspiration, visit our Pinterest page or more fabric palettes on hon.com.
Take a break
Are you a hot chocolate kind of gal? Maybe you like your coffee black in the largest receptacle you can find. Or is hot tea more your jam? Regardless, you need a place to enjoy your hot beverage of choice and to catch up with your coworkers before you start the day or over your lunch break. Why not sip on some cozy lounge seating, like HON’s new Grove® line. (Don’t forget to include a tablet arm so you’ve got a resting place for that hot cocoa in between sips, or pair it with a Flock® Mini with a Laminate Top!)
Get a change of scenery
Repetition is a surefire recipe for boredom, so make sure to switch up your routine to help stave off winter weariness. HON’s collaborative furniture solutions allow you to get a change of pace and a change of scenery while still maintaining work productivity. Here’s where the new Preside® collaborative tables and the complementary Arrange® tables and Accommodate® seating come in. Designed to be used in all different parts of the office, these lines offer a variety of heights, technology options, and sizes to give you a place to work wherever you are. It’s the perfect way to rejuvenate and regain some motivation on a long winter day.
What are your tried and true methods of staying motivated during the winter months?
The complex needs of today’s workplace call for a variety of seating solutions that satisfy ergonomic expectations, adapt to market trends, and expand into non-traditional areas. While growing office needs can be complex, the solutions certainly don’t have to be! Whether needs exist for an entire building, conference room or a private office, look no further than the Endorse Collection from HON. Let’s take a look at how this multi-functional line of seating supports various aspects of the modern workplace.
Behind the Desk
Here we see Endorse in the most traditional of office applications. A few details that make it a particularly great task chair include:
- Adjustable lumbar support – Making a chair that adequately fits over 90% of all users requires a great amount of flexibility and user-friendly adjustment. The ability to manually adjust the lumbar support mechanism provides consistent and healthy back support for all users.
- Headrest option – An attachable headrest on the mesh back Endorse task chairs provides exceptional head and neck support throughout the day. Ergonomists everywhere love Endorse for this feature.
- Have a sit-to-stand desk? No problem. With more and more users requesting standing height worksurfaces, Endorse provides task stools with a synchro-tilt function that enables users to enjoy a more natural recline motion.
In the Conference Room
Endorse chairs are a fabulous fit for conference rooms of all shapes and sizes. Whether you need seating solutions in a boardroom for executive meetings or in a community hub of activity, Endorse offers exceptional comfort and impressive style. Let’s dive in to see what makes it all come together:
- Dress it up – One of the best visual features of the Endorse Collection is the ability to dress up or dress down based on needs and price points. As we see above, the addition of polished aluminum accents on the arms and the base are sure to impress.
- Uniformity – Having a consistent look throughout the workplace is exceedingly important for companies. Endorse provides the ability to incorporate different types of seating across many applications to achieve a recognizable look throughout.
- The executive chair – Continuing with the full line offering, the executive high-back chair from Endorse provides a sophisticated look that is ideal for conference rooms. Paired with all of the integrated features, users will feel the support of this high-back chair immediately as it contributes to lasting comfort.
Out in the Lobby
Completing the conversation of a conformed solution will end where all things begin – the office welcome area. Making a positive, lasting first impression is important for any organization, so the correct furniture selection and placement is essential. The breadth of line with Endorse expands from functional task seating into welcoming and collaborative soft-seating solutions. So, what’s included in all of this?
- Lounge chairs for all – Within this selection of Endorse seating, we have single, two-seat, and three-seat lounge chairs available. Having a selection such as this will be able to fit into a multitude of applications and organizations. The sleek design fits very well into any environment, and will provide a consistent look throughout.
- Occasional tables – Any welcoming or collaborative area that incorporates soft seating is not complete without complimentary tables. Endorse includes a table offering that seamlessly fits into the solution with a matching leg style, and a variety of laminate selections.
What is your favorite application for Endorse?