They say “it takes a village to raise a child”. Well, it also takes a community of customers, designers, engineers, marketing whizzes, and sales representatives to create a product brainchild.
For example, before HON created and launched its healthcare-focused brainchild, Soothe, we spent several months conducting research and interviews to understand which features are important in a healthcare line and the current furniture solutions that exist in today’s marketplace. The valuable feedback we gained from conversations with patients, caregivers, facilities manager, designers, sales representatives and more allowed us to define the unique needs of those in the healthcare field and identify what gaps needed to be filled.
After processing this information and with the help of our “village”, the healthcare-focused seating and table line, Soothe, was born…on a warm spring day in April, 2015.
In recognition of Soothe’s 1 year anniversary in the HON portfolio, let’s talk about 5 things we especially love about Soothe:
- The full Soothe line presents a wide selection of: patient seating, including a high-back patient chair and recliner; guest seating; benches; and tables.
- Soothe was designed to address the cleanability needs of healthcare environments through wipe-out areas in the back of the guest seating and a selection of graded-in healthcare appropriate fabrics.
- Soothe provides the level of durability needed for high-traffic areas in the healthcare arena by being supported by the HON Full Lifetime Warranty and a reinforced leg design on the guest seating to distribute force evenly and provide a sturdy foundation.
- Soothe’s patient recliner enhances comfort, safety, and control for the patient and the caregiver. Some of my favorite features include:
- The pivoting arms which can be easily activated to move the arms fully up and out of the way during patient transfers or examinations
- Infinite recline feature to allow the patient or caregiver to select from an infinite amount of configurations to create their own comfort
- Soothe is a strong complement to the rest of the HON portfolio of products, allowing HON to provide a full healthcare solution from the front waiting room to the back administrative offices, and many places in between.
What do you love about Soothe?