Thanksgiving has always been one of my favorite holidays because I love any excuse to spend time in my kitchen, try new recipes and make delicious food to share with others. It’s also a time of year when we’re focused on gratitude, finding new ways to show appreciation and give back to our communities.
While Thanksgiving is traditionally a holiday spent with friends and family, there’s no reason you can’t celebrate with your “office family”, or colleagues, as well. Here are a few ways you can bring a little Thanksgiving spirit into your workplace:
- Thank your customers. Showing appreciation for your most valued partners helps to cultivate important relationships. Even something as simple as a “Thank You” card can make all the difference!
- Schedule a lunch with your teammates or employees. It’s not always easy to find the time to say thanks during a busy day at work, so finding time to show your appreciation outside of normal working hours may be the best solution. It can also be a great team-building experience!
- Plan an office potluck. Invite your team to bring in their favorite Thanksgiving dishes to share, or encourage team-building by hosting an internal taste-testing or food display contest. You can even put up Thanksgiving or fall-inspired decorations for some added fun!
- Donate to a local charity. The holiday season is a time when many organizations are promoting big fundraising campaigns and raising funds in order to provide community meals. A great way to give back to your community during this time is to host a food drive and collect items for a local pantry. Another idea is to plan a casual dress day at work, encouraging members to contribute to an important cause in exchange for the opportunity to wear less formal attire. You can build excitement by giving employees the opportunity to vote for their favorite local charities!
With the Thanksgiving holiday just around the corner, what are some of the ways you celebrate Thanksgiving in your office?
As a leading designer and manufacturer of office furniture, The HON Company offers a diverse product portfolio to meet the needs of our customers. Meet Manage®, our basyx by HON® desk series that does just that. Let’s explore a few reasons why Manage is a must have for your workspace.
Modern Look and Application
Creating a solution that keeps up with the evolution of today’s office is something we had in mind with the creation of Manage. This series offers a clean and contemporary look that conforms to the open-concept workplace and fosters collaboration. As office spaces continue to evolve, users will be able to enjoy the same functionality with a smaller footprint and more opportunities to interact with those around them.
As office design trends change, the need increases for furniture that can work in a variety of spaces. Manage offers the ability to maintain a consistent aesthetic throughout a variety of work environments, while allowing employees to create the style that works best for them. It fits in open plan, semi-private and private office environments. The image below demonstrates how Manage can serve many different types of spaces while creating a consistent look.
Practicality and Convenience
Inspired by the needs of small businesses, Manage is an affordable collection that’s easy to reconfigure as business needs change. With a condensed number of ready-to-assemble components, it’s simple to install. In the image above you can see how the worksurface extends into the storage and the open design allows for storage below working level, thus optimizing space and supporting a smaller footprint. For this reason, Manage is an especially appealing solution for organizations with limited real estate who want to maximize their investment.
With an ideal combination of style, versatility and affordability, Manage is ready to handle today’s fast-paced business demands. How has Manage been successful for you?
We’ve all heard the saying, “work smarter, not harder”, and with advancements in technology and mobile applications over the past few years, this is now easier than ever. I think every professional should have the following are 4 useful (and free!) apps:
1. Genius Scan—This little gem is one of the most used apps on my work phone. Genius Scan allows me to take a photo of a receipt, furniture plan or contract, and convert it to a PDF file. Once you’ve created a PDF, you can email or print the document, or send it to Dropbox, Evernote, Google Drive or other storage tools with just a few clicks! Learn more about Genius Scan now.
2. Uber—Although this service is not just for business use, Uber makes it a breeze to get around for meetings with clients and to make it on time to appointments that span multiple metropolitan areas. TIP: save your company money by using the Uber promo codes and getting free trips! Learn more about Uber now.
3. Seamless—Have you ever traveled to a new city or area for work and had to find a meal for yourself? Apps like Seamless and Grubhub are a couple of my favorites because they will help you discover all the local eats. You can easily order in or go out and explore new surroundings. TIP: the app saves credit cards and can use your location so you don’t have to call the front desk of the hotel to find out the address! Learn more about Seamless now.
4. LinkedIn—I meet several people a week and it can be difficult to recall specific details about a particular individual after that first interaction. Adding people to LinkedIn gives me the opportunity to revisit their credentials at a later date so I can bring up their information when we next meet. TIP: note the groups and articles the user likes to have conversation starters if there is a break during meetings. Learn more about LinkedIn now.
What must-have apps do you recommend for professional use?