Summer is officially over and the fall season has arrived. Fall is an exciting time here in Iowa, as the trees change colors and the weather starts to cool. You don’t have to live in the Midwest to be able to appreciate the new season, though. You can use the season change to regenerate energy into your workplace and finish the year strong. Here are five fall-inspired ways you can show employee appreciation:
- Host an office tailgate – Encourage employees to wear a shirt or jersey representing their favorite football team and cater in typical tailgating food for lunch, such as hot dogs or BBQ.
- Plan a weekend family-friendly activity – Invite employees to a local park or farm for hay rides, corn mazes, face painting, pumpkin-picking and more!
- Provide a fall-themed breakfast – Motivate your employees on a Monday morning by surprising them with apple cider, pumpkin bread, or pumpkin spice muffins.
- Indulge in a Thanksgiving dinner at work – We spend a lot of time in the office, and our coworkers can become like family. What better way to celebrate with them this fall than with an office Thanksgiving dinner? Make it a pot luck and invite everyone to bring their favorite dish.
- Get competitive with a pumpkin carving contest – Take a break during a Friday lunch hour and let employees show off their creative side with a pumpkin carving contest.
What are some ways you plan to show appreciation for your employees or coworkers this season?