Fight the 2 o’clock, post-lunch fatigue with these 5 energizing stretches that you can easily do at your workspace without having to throw down a downward dog or another yoga pose in the middle of your office.
- Take a Lap: No, I didn’t say nap – lap. It’s recommended to get up and walk around for at least 5 minutes every hour. So, go refill your water, say hello to a coworker, or just take a walk around your department.
- Shoulder & Upper Arm Stretch: This is one of my favorite stretches. You may not realize how much proper posture has depleted over the course of an hour, so stretch out your back and re-adjust.
- Neck Roll: You may be holding more tension in your neck than you think. Slowly roll your neck from side to side and front to back.
- Flex those Digits: Give yourself a quick hand massage because, let’s face it, most of our day is spent on the computer typing and clicking. Don’t overlook those little speed racers.
- Ankle Rolls: This may sound silly, but it’s a sneaky way to wake up your legs. And you can do it under the privacy of your desk!
*Bonus Stretch: Do you have a height adjustable worksurface? If so, lucky you! You can stretch whenever you like. Don’t have a height adjustable worksurface? Never fear! HON is here with our new Height Adjustable Tables. Finally, a workspace that moves with you.
Ready. Set. Stretch! What helps re-energize you during the work day?