Summer is right around the corner, which marks an extra busy season for many of us within the furniture industry. To combat the additional workload and pressure the busy season may bring, here are 8 ways to relieve stress in the office:
1. Create a “To-Do” list at the beginning of every day: Although creating a to-do list may seem obvious, take it one step further and create your “must-dos” and your “would like to dos” so you can prioritize your list. Then, tackle the “must-dos” right away so you can start the day feeling accomplished.
2. Check-in with yourself every hour. Review your progress on your to-do list, re-rank any items, and re-focus your energy. If feeling overwhelmed, take a small break at this time to prevent any stress before it starts.
3. Review and re-prioritize your “To-Do” list at the end of each day. Before shutting down for the day, make a note of what you need to do the next day and rank accordingly. This will help you avoid feeling like you have a “million things to do tomorrow” as you end the day. You prioritized the “must-dos” and can now take some time to relax.
4. Take a walk around your office. If you are starting to feel stressed, take some time to walk around the office. A little exercise helps you calm down and allows your brain to re-charge.
5. Play with a stress ball. You can find these almost anywhere and they are a good way to take mini-breaks throughout the day.
6. Download the “Calm” App. It can help you meditate, relax, and sleep better.
7. Download the “Anti-Stress Quotes” App. Lift your mood with some inspiring words.
8. Play a mindless game on your phone. My personal favorite right now is “Snake ‘97”, which looks like the original “Snake” that was once one of the only games available for cell phones. Be sure to find appropriate breaks in your work day for this stress reliever, though!
What are other tips or apps do you recommend to combat and relieve stress in the workplace?